We welcome members and conference attendees from any state.
The traditional states for the Southwest region include: AR, CO, KS, NM, OK, TX, UT
SW-ASTE Regional Meeting Registration Now Open!
Dear SW-ASTE Colleague,
We are excited to share with you information about our Fall 2023 Conference!
The regional conference will be held on October 6-7, 2023 and will be hosted by University of Houston – Clear Lake. Many thanks to our conference organizer Stephen Gruber!
*The call for proposals is now live and can be accessed using the link here.
Proposals are due August 31, 2023.
*You can also register for the conference using the link here.
2023 Pre-Conference Outing(s)
We will have a private tram tour of Johnson Space Center stops will include Rocket Park, the Original Mission Control Center, and the Astronaut Training Center. The cost will be $25 per person (this tour typically costs $50 per person). The Tour will begin around 3:30 PM.
Following the tour, dinner reservations have been made at the Flying Dutchman at the Kemah Boardwalk.
2023 Hotel Information
- $114.00 plus tax King Standard
- $119.00 plus tax Two Queen Standard
- $129.00 plus tax King Executive w/ sleeper sofa
- $144.00 plus tax King Suite w/ separate living area including sleeper sofa
- $149.00 plus tax Two Queen Suite w/ separate living area including sofa
- Special Concession: complimentary freshly prepared Breakfast Buffet (hot & cold items)
Group Rate Information
- Group Name: Southwest ASTE
- Group Code: SWA
- Cut Off Date: Friday, September 8, 2023
Reservations – Individual
Reservations will be made by individual attendees directly with the Holiday Inn Webster/NASA at (800) 465 4329 or (281) 335 6272 (hotel) request the “Southwest ASTE” (Group Code: SWA)” rate.
SW-ASTE Region By-laws
2023-2024 Regional Officers:
- President— Sunni Taylor, Texas State University 2023-2024
- President Elect – Stephen Gruber, University of Houston- Clear Lake 2023-2024
- Immediate Past President— Andrea Foster Sam Houston State University 2023-2024
- Secretary –Jacob Pleasants, University of Oklahoma 2021-2024
- Treasurer –Gilbert Nazier Texas A&M University-Commerce 2021-2024
- Regional Director to ASTE– Stephen Burgin, University of Arkansas 2023-2026